Lynda Kaye Frazier: Suspense Romance Author

My name is Lynda Kaye Frazier and I write Suspense Romances. I’ve finished my first book, Rescued from the Dark, and I’m half way through my second. Yet to be published, but hopeful.
A little background on the story.

Rescued from the Dark:
     What if you woke up from a nightmare to find you're trapped in a world of darkness, with no memory of how you got there?  Rescued from the Dark is a passionate, gripping story about an FBI agent, Jason Michaels, who risks everything, even his life, to save Mercedes Kingsley, the FBI intern who stole his heart, then walked away.
      Mercedes finds herself caught up in and International nightmare, trying to remember who she can trust and who she can't. With the kidnappers vowing to get her back, no matter what the cost, for their secrets that are locked in her memory.  In a race against time Jason and Mercy struggle to fight their attraction, and put their differences aside, as they launch a manhunt with the FBI to save their country and each other.

       I am interviewing Mercedes (Mercy) Kingsley. She is an FBI intern waiting on a response from her application to the Academy. She's struggling with her need to be part of the FBI and her attraction to a fellow agent, Jason Michaels, while hiding a secret that will destroy everything she has worked so hard to build.


 Lynda:  “Welcome Ms. Kingsley. I've asked you here to go over a few items in your application for the Academy.  I’ve reviewed your paperwork and would like you to tell me about the incidents that caused your father’s retirement 10 years ago.”

Mercy;   Mercy swallowed hard and rubbed her sweaty palms together. "It was a botched kidnapping that ended my father’s career."  They just don’t need to know what else ended that night.

Lynda; “Could I have details please, I need it for the application. You failed to give information that we will need for the review board.”

Mercy:  “My parents are partners in a software firm. There were threats made to the company and I was kidnapped because of them. My Father, and his partner Ron Daily, found out where I was. My Dad did not follow protocol and he came in without back-up. But because he did, I was saved. His career died that night and so did my dream to be an agent. I could not apply for the Academy as long as my dad struggled to get his life back.  But, as you have read, it’s been 10 years and I realized that being an agent was the only think I wanted to do. So I pursued the internship and applied to the Academy.”  Mercy’s heart was racing, stay in control, this will be over soon.

Lynda:  “Are your parents fine with the decision? You know your father will be interviewed, and I know him. His opinion will be taken into account.”

Mercy:  “I know how this will affect my parents but they will back my decision.  I didn’t want to tell them until I had my acceptance letter.”  Mercy swallowed past the lump of fear that swelled in her throat. I don’t want to tell them until I’m in the Academy. Ron said they weren’t going to talk to my dad. What changed?

Lynda: "I see that you had counseling after the kidnapping and treatment for anxiety. You also suffer from claustrophobia.  Those are issues that need to be resolved before the board review. It will affect your ability to be an agent.”

Mercy: Mercy clenched her fists so tight her nails dug into the palms of her hands. How did they find out? Ron said no one would know, and I would have time to figure a way around it. What else can go wrong? “My counseling was complete and I was released. I attached my past medical records in my application. My issue with claustrophobia is in the past. That should also be stated in my medical papers.”

Lynda: “It is. I just wanted to hear you say it, and make me believe it.  During the Academy you will be working closely with Ron Daily and his team. Will that be a problem for you? I see you have a close relationship with them, and a personal one with Jason Michaels. Have you read the rules Mercy? We have guidelines, and if this is an issue I want to know now.”

Mercy; Mercy’s chest tightened and her hands shook under the table. Her throat burned as she struggeled to catch her breath. She had to stop the panic attack before it ruined everything. It will kill her application quicker than that kiss. The memory still warmed her lips but she knew the rules, and the pain she saw in his eyes as she walked away will always haunt her.  “It will not be an issue. Agent Daily and his team have helped me during my internship, and that’s all. We have a close working relationship only. Mr. Michaels and I do not have any kind of relationship, nor do we plan on having one. We both are aware of the rules and what is at stake if any are broken.”

Lynda: “Ok as long as you are aware that they will also be interview”

Mercy: Mercy took a deep breath as the phone rang.

Lynda: “I need to take this. I believe I have everything I need. I will contact you when the board reviews your application. Make sure you discuss this with your family. We will be contacting them soon”

Mercy quickly left room as her heart pounded in her ears. She had to find her parents and talk to them, but she had to see Jason first, if he’ll see her.  Mercy swallowed past the fear in her throat. She has told so many lies to hide the truth, and hid a few secrets she’s not ready for anyone to know, and it’s all closing in on her fast.
      Follow my steps to publishing 'Rescued from the Dark' on my website and blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoppy Easter

Stuff Your Stocking Christmas Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Snarkology!