Interview With Ginny Lurcock






This seems an awful lot like an "about me."  I hate those.  OH! HEY! That's something, right?  I hate writing about myself? 

 

...

 

Right, didn't think that would fly.

 

Okay, so really I'm married with one kid, live in New Hampshire and work at a day job that I flip flop between loving and hating.  I read too much, obsess over things, and have about a thousand story ideas floating around in my brain.  Of course, since I spend so much time reading and obsessing and not enough time writing, those ideas just kind of end up stuck in there.

 

***Tell us about your book.***

Sometime shortly after my daughter was born and I was full of crazy I actually turned to my husband and was like "this is totally implausible."  We weren't like, watching something with vampires in it or anything at the time, I think we might have been in the car even, but like I said... full of crazy.  Once we went back and bit and I explained the beginning of the conversation that had taken place in my brain, I explained that vampire romance stories were implausible.  And not for the reasons you think. 

 

Bad Blood was kind of my take on things.

 

If you could only have one vice what would it be?

Is sleep an option?  I choose sleep.

 

Who is your favorite character from one of your books and why?

I can't pick one!  They're like my children... and a mother (author) never picks a favorite character (child).

 

But I will say Quinn is my easiest child.  She never hids her motivations from me or refuses to tell her story.  Even when it is painful.

 

What are you working on now?

Right now I'm finishing up a naughty novella by my other pen name, and the sequel to Bad Blood.  All before November so I can participate in NaNoWriMo.  Because I'm a crazy person.

 

What’s your favorite movie?

Remember my previous comment about obsessing?  I have like two hundred "favorite" movies.  (I'm one of those people.)  Right at this very moment, I'd be happy to watch: Ghostbusters, Twilight, The Ocean's Trilogy, Hot Fuzz, The Labyrinth, Legend, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs... etc... all over and over and over...

 

What’s your favorite quote?

If I could speak in quotes, I would.  My most used quote is "Lobster stuffed with tacos, very good."

 

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

New Hampshire.  I love it here.

 

What genre do you write and why?

Mostly paranormal, but I have sci-fi and horror stories brewing in my brain too.  Whatever I write though, it tends to have a romantic element to it.  I'm a hopeless romantic.

 

What was the first thing you wrote? Is it published?

The first thing I wrote was this story about a princess named Buttercup (OH! MY FAVORITE MOVIE IS THE PRINCESS BRIDE) in fifth grade.  It will never see the light of day.

 

Name 5 things that are on your desk right now?

One of my daughter's teacups, an unopened bottle of whiskey I kept knocking over, honey, DS games, and a pink clothespin.  All scattered amongst an epic mess.

 


What is your biggest distraction when it comes to writing?

Everything.  I'm like a squirrel on crack when it comes to focus.

 

Name 5 things on your Bucket list.

 

How can readers find you?

I use Twitter and Facebook like it's going out of style.  You can also find me on my blog, goodreads, e-mail...

 



https://www.facebook.com/ginny.lurcock (my personal page where I post random nothings... but I'm usually good for a laugh...  Or getting a song stuck in your head)



Ginnylurcock@gmail.com

 

***BBQ? Carolina, Tennessee, Texas or Kansas City?***

Do I have to pick?  If its charred animal flesh, it's good with me.

 

 


High school senior Victoria “Tori” Reeve has it pretty good. She’s rich, she’s smart, and she’s popular. What more could a girl ask for? Sure, she’s a little lonely, what with being single and her best friend going off to college and all, but she’s got her work at the Spaulding Crisis Center to keep her busy. When she gets a new boss in the very easy on the eyes form of Isaac Larsen, suddenly her volunteer work feels a lot less like work. Even if he does seem to cause Tori to break out into spontaneous fits of foot in mouth disease. Somehow in spite of her blunderitis, Isaac still seems to be interested in her in a more-than-employer or even more-than-friends kind of way.

So really she should have known that things would go sideways.

Trouble comes to Spaulding, and that trouble seems to be centered on Tori and the Crisis Center. Is she really the focus? Or does this all have to do with the new mysterious man in her life? In her efforts to find out, Tori stumbles across some secrets. Skeletons that might have been better off left in the closet. As it turns out, Spaulding is a hot spot for bad blood…

 

Please insert your author bio here:

I am so bad at these, that it causes me physical pain. No wait, that was a splinter… Never mind. Ginny Lurcock lives in New Hampshire with her husband whom she adores, her daughter, whom she also adores, and their cat. Who she likes alright. Oh, and her father, his two cats, her sister and her sister’s boyfriend. When not writing she enjoys playing games (of the board and video variety) or reading to the point of obsession (she’s not an addict, she can quit whenever she wants), watching intelligent television, mindless television, sports, movies and listening to music. Basically, she likes all the things. ALL.THE.THINGS And somehow she still manages to find the time to be bored.

 
Now Available at Amazon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoppy Easter

1NS Blog Hops

Stuff Your Stocking Christmas Blog Hop!