Character Thursday: Persephone


Please welcome Persephone from Kaitlin Bevis' YA novel 'Persephone'. 


Thank you for coming to chat with us today. Why do you think Kaitlin Bevis choose you to represent her? Well, it was my myth that got her inspired to start writing, so I guess I’m kind of a logical choice. 

Tell us a little about yourself? Um, okay. My name is Persephone, I’m seventeen, and I kind of just found out I was a goddess. Oh yeah, and I rule the Underworld now, kind of. Well, I help.


Where do you live? Athens, Georgia most of the time. Though I spend a good chunk of my time in the Underworld these days.

What do you wish people would know about you? The myth got everything important wrong. Seriously.

What music do you listen too?
I’m a major fan of Orpheus. He’s just an amazing artist. I met him in person once, and he was super nice.


Tell us about your love interest what drew you to him/her? You know, I kind of hated him at first, but the more I got to know him, the more I realized he’s really nice. He’s all about helping the souls settle into the Underworld, and he has this whole shelf of self-help books in his library so he can understand what they’re going through. He’s not at all what I expected. I mean, when you say “Hades” you picture fiery blue hair and a kind of, you know, evil personality. He’s dark to be sure, but he’s definitely not evil.


What’s your favorite sports team? The Bulldogs of course. I am an Athens native.


What your favorite Ice cream flavor, Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry? Strawberry, or any fruit sorbet really, as long as its vegan.

Do you believe in ghosts? You know, a few weeks ago, I would have said no. But now that I’ve met a few, my opinion on that has changed.


What is your biggest fear? Honestly, being a god. All the ones I’ve met are pretty dark. I don’t know if that’s a side effect of the power or the whole living forever thing, but I don’t want to be like them. Not ever.



One day Persephone is an ordinary high school senior working at her mom’s flower shop in Athens, Georgia. The next she’s fighting off Boreas, the brutal god of Winter, and learning that she’s a bonafide goddess—a rare daughter of the now-dead Zeus. Her goddess mom whisks her off to the Underworld to hide until Spring.
There she finds herself under the protection of handsome Hades, the god of the dead, and she’s automatically married to him. It’s the only way he can keep her safe. Older, wiser, and far more powerful than she, Hades isn’t interested in becoming her lover, at least not anytime soon. But every time he rescues her from another of Boreas’ schemes, they fall in love a little more. Will Hades ever admit his feelings for her?
Can she escape the grasp of Boreas’ minions? The Underworld is a very cool place, but is it worth giving up her life in the realm of the living? Her goddess powers are developing some serious, kick-butt potential. She’s going to fight back.


****How can readers find you? ***
Twitter: @kaitlinbevis

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hoppy Easter

Stuff Your Stocking Christmas Blog Hop!

1NS Blog Hops