Rotelle Ricotta Bake
- 1 (16oz) pkg. rotelle (corkscrew) pasta
- 1 (8oz) pkg. sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 1/2 oz) carton part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (14 oz) jar marinara sauce
- ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1 tsp. salt to taste
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. basil, optional
- ½ tsp. garlic powder, optional
Heat oven to 375°F.
Cook rotelle according to package directions. Drain.
Butter a 13 X 9 inch baking pan. Cut mozzarella into ¾ inch strips. Lay spinach in a colander and press out as much liquid as possible. Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl, stir in ricotta cheese, marinara sauce, Parmesan or Romano cheese, salt, black pepper, spinach, rotelle and half of the mozzarella. Spoon into prepared pan. Cover with foil. Bake until hot, about 15 minutes. Remove foil. Arrange reserved mozzarella strips diagonally in rows over rotelle about 1½ inches apart. Bake until cheese melts, 5 - 10 minutes more.
While dinner is baking, how about a teaser from one of Alicia's novellas?
To read more of HER NAME, please click onto Amazon.
Learn more about Alicia Joseph on her blog. Stay connected on Facebook and Twitter.